Mini Chinese New Year card

CNY015

I just realised that it's going to be end of February real soon and I still haven't blogged all that I did from January yet! Yikes!!! That's what happens when I keep delaying the posting over and over again. Hmmm. Bad habit. 

Ok! About this mini Chinese New Year card that I made last January. It was actually meant for my neighbours. Most of them are Chinese. So I managed to make a few. I try to make cards for them every year no matter how busy I get. 

This is the first time they get a pop up card from me if I'm not mistaken. So it was exciting to do this for them. I'm sure they loved it. They are always so kind and appreciative of whatever I make for them.

It's a small horizontal card, just about a quarter of an A4 paper. If I had done it vertically, I won't have enough space to write wishes in it because of the pop up flowers filling up inside the card. Besides....I rarely make them horizontal....so it was nice to do it that way once in a while. 

I think this is the first time I made the pop up flowers really small for this size of card. Because years before, I had done a card this size but the flowers were bigger. I just love looking at the small flowers bloom up each time I open up the card.

Of course as always, I enjoyed writing the sentiments for the cover of the card. It's good practice for me. I don't always have the time to practice as I'm always busy making quilling tools and quilling papers. It takes a lot of my time away from this new hobby.



I truly enjoyed as well painting the branches of the cherry blossom tree. I feel like a little kid again doing that. It was fun....and no specific design....just a simple tree with small branches. Letting myself go and having fun, that what it was :).

Basically, this mini Chinese New Year card is like a small version of the Chinese New Year card I made this year for my customer. I really loved it but to make a big one like that takes a lot of my time. So in order to make a lot in a short period of time, making them smaller in size would be a good idea! Haha! Do enjoy watching the video of the card below. I know it's a little late, but I do appreciate it if you would take your time to view it. Thank you!

2 comments:

HeNRieTTa JoSe said...

i love that sakura flower...

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you Henrietta! I love it too! :)

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...