A belated Happy New Year card

NY002

I know this seems kinda weird to blog about a new year card in February! Haha! But yes, I did make it early in February.....so that's why I added the "Belated" in the title.

This card was actually requested by my Mother's friend. I was asked to make it and post it for her to her old high school teacher. She knew that I was busy with my work and other card orders but she insisted that I make a really simple New Year card for her anyways. And so I did! :)

To be quite honest.....I just didn't know how to make a simple card anymore. Seriously. I had a hard time thinking about it. Because I always tend to add a lot of things to it no matter what. Since her budget was quite low, I had to figure out how to simplify it as much as possible.


I immediately thought of that one particular die cut template I had with me for quite a while now. I used to love using it a lot when I first got my Sizzix Big Shot die cut machine. But it's been a while since I used it and it was fun to use it again. 

I wrote the Happy New Year words myself with a watercolour brush. That was fun too! As I was writing it I realised how nice it is to send someone a New Year wish. I should make it a point to do it as well next time. Because I know it would definitely make someone feel happy to hear from you and to read all those lovely wishes especially at the start of the new year. New beginnings.....a brand new feeling....a fresh start.

Just thinking about it gives me a good feeling. Imagine getting the card yourself. Even better right? Funny how simple wishes could make people happy. It doesn't take a lot of effort. But the effect of the giving goes a long way.



2 comments:

HeNRieTTa JoSe said...

nice...i love the color combination...they look so adorable...

Azlina Abdul said...

Thank you Henrietta! :)

Featured Post

How to make two tone tear drop shape quilling flowers

We are coming close to mid February and I'm blogging about something that I did last January! LOL! It's been a month sin...